Monday, May 25, 2009

Dallas... sort of

Arrived in Dallas this evening & promptly escaped to Addison, TX, for drinks & apps at a place called The Flying Saucer with Eva & friends. A little out of the way, but they had a great beer list (I stuck to Brooklyn Brown Ale, but there were at least a hundred more, half of which were only $2.75/pint!), and some decent appetizers (buffalo wings for me, always, of course). I got hit on by two guys simultaneously and I was only wearing a t-shirt and jeans so I considered that a great compliment. Gave out my number because what harm could it do. I'm only in Dallas for the one night anyway.

29-year-old divorcé: "So what do you do?"
Jamei: "I'm a vet tech."
29-year-old divorcé: "I love you."

Oh, The South... you and your seductive attempts to win me back over. I will admit that I'm having fun on this trip. A lot of fun. Though I still think that New England will always have my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment